Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Nice Little Mother's Day...



I hope everyone is having a fabulous Mother's Day!  Mine has been a very nice, laid back day.

The day started off with some HUGE cinnamon rolls from our local grocery store.  They are SO large and SO delicious!  After breakfast, we headed off to church.  Brennan gave me a Mother's Day gift by behaving through almost the whole service!  It was a really nice service that was totally centered around Mother's Day, with the Sunday School singing and everything.  Very cute.

After church we came back home.  I put Brennan down for a nap and I laid down, too, while Ryan went out and mowed the lawn and took the dog for a bike ride/run.  Of course, just before I fell asleep, Brennan woke up and started crying.  I went and took him out of his crib and brought him into bed with me.  He was squirmy for quite a while, but finally settled down and went to sleep... so did I.  We got to cuddle and snooze for a while and it made my day!  For the last several months, Brennan won't sleep if I bring him in to nap with me.  He just thinks it is playtime and wakes up, so this nap was really sweet and special.

This afternoon we went to Northfield, MN to watch my sister's gospel choir concert.  It was a nice concert with a ton of talented kids.  Great job, Haley, by the way!  After the concert we headed home, got some brats to grill up for supper, and have been relaxing this evening.

This year Ryan spoiled me with a beautiful bouquet of lilies.  I'll post a picture of my actual bouquet just as soon as it opens up a bit more.  These flowers all come in bud form so you get to see them at the peak of their beauty.  Mine are going to be the prettiest tomorrow or Tuesday, I think.  This is a stock picture of the bouquet Ryan picked out from ProFlowers.com.  Mine is a bit more colorful than this one...

Along with the flowers, I've got a promise of a second present.  I know what it is and per Ryan's instructions, I need to inform you that I specifically asked for this gift.  It's a pooper scooper.  Yep, that's right- I asked for a pooper scooper for Mother's Day.  When you have a dog of any size, but especially a huge on like mine, you'll want anything to make the enjoyable job of picking up their poop more convenient and easier.  I'm sick of carrying a big shovel around the yard to pick up the ridiculous amount of piles she leaves...

Anyway, today was a good day.  I have a post I want to write tomorrow about the creative idea I came up with for my Mom's Mother's Day gift... once again, it is VERY non-traditional!  Check back tomorrow! Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Pooper Scooper? That's such a Mommy gift. Glad you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose it really is a Mom gift... ultra-practical! I hope you had a great day yesterday, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I would have loved a nap yesterday! Jealous. Sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day. Thanks for stopping by this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful mothers day. Thanks for checking out my blog. I am following back.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!