Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mother's Day is almost here!

Maybe it is because I still consider myself to be a brand new Mom, but I'm really excited for Mother's Day!  Last year is COULD NOT WAIT for Mother's Day.  It would be my first one ever!  The way I explained it to my husband went something like this-

Me: "You know, I'm really looking forward to Mother's Day..."

Ryan: "Oh,  OK.  That's nice."

Me: "I guess I'm hoping this first Mother's Day for me is REALLY special..."

Ryan: "Umm hmm."

Me: "Well, you know, since I don't really remember my first day AS a Mom, I want to remember my first Mother's Day."  (Refer to Brennan's Crazy Birth Story for more details!)

Ryan: "Yeah, I know."

And so on...

It did turn out to be a nice day.  We went to church and then Ryan and Brennan brought me out for breakfast to a restaurant in town, which is perfect because breakfast is definitely my favorite meal of the day.  After breakfast, we went and did some shopping and Ryan surprised me by bringing me to a greenhouse and letting me pick out any hanging basket of flowers I wanted!  Yay!  I'm a flower person... 

But the best gift of all may have been from Brennan.  He was a VERY fussy little baby.  He liked to cry nonstop (we eventually found out he had a dairy sensitivity).  Well, on Mother's Day he was happy!  He didn't cry much at all and was just a model little boy! 

This year I'm hoping to spend Mother's Day with Ryan and Brennan again.  I would love to go do something fun together after all, that's what the day is really about- spending time with your family.  I'm not sure what we will do, but that's up to them anyway!  Ryan has already begun to taunt me, "I ordered your Mother's Day gift.  Hope it gets here on time!"  I'm guessing this means that it is already hidden in the house, although he assures me it isn't.

Brennan and I with last year's Mother's Day present.

2 comments:

  1. Awww... Your flowers are purdy. I wish I was a flower person, but I'm just a flower murderer... hehe. Now I am all sorts of curious as to what was ordered this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Thanks for checking out my blog! I'm super curious about this year, too! I'll definitely post about that when I find out!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!