Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rainy day are good for something... brownies!

It is quite a rainy day here in Southeast Minnesota.  It's cold and dreary and the rain just keeps coming.  You can't get anything done outside on a day like today, but if you're motivated rainy days are great for cleaning, but better yet, they are great for baking!  I've got a brownie recipe that is to die for!  Give them a try.  They're fast and easy to make and you'll be so happy you tried them.   Here is the recipe!

Grandma Alice's Brownies
1 1/2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup cocoa
1 tsp. salt
1 cup shortening
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup walnuts (optional- I leave them out)


Mix all ingredients together just to blend.  Spread in 9x13 inch pan.  Bake @ 350 degrees for 25 minutes. 

A scrumptious brownie!

I recommend using a metal pan rather than glass if you have one.  The edges tend to get a little hard when a glass pan is used.

Note: Sorry I don't have a picture, yet.  If my hubby is lucky, I'll make a batch this afternoon and take a picture of those!

2 comments:

  1. I've never made brownies from scratch - thanks for the recipe! I'll be giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds good! I'm sure you'll enjoy them! Let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!