Thursday, April 21, 2011

Hippity! Hoppity! Easter's on its way!

First off, I'd like to wish a big congratulations to my wonderful friends Heather & Charles on their 4th wedding anniversary!  I was there with you four years ago when you said 'I do' and can't believe it has been that long already!  How time flies!  I hope you two and Lorelai had a wonderful day!

Now... to the post!  I was reminded today, over, and over, and over again, that Easter is right around the corner!  Normally, I wouldn't mind this reminder, after all, who doesn't love Easter?  It is a fun and joyous holiday all about celebrating our risen Savior.  Easter brings  Easter baskets filled with chocolate bunnies, jelly beans, and toys!  Kids run around like crazy on egg hunts filling up their baskets with Easter eggs.  Little girls wear Easter bonnets that make them look practically angelic (Brennan is lucky I'm not making HIM wear one!).  So you are probably wondering, why am I sick of being reminded about Easter?  Well, is is all because of one of Brennan's book.  

Let me preface what I'm about to say with an apology to my mother-in-law who gave Brennan this book last Easter...  Brennan has a Peter Cottontail book that sings the song when the cover is opened.  This probably doesn't sound too bad.  How long can a kid possibly play with a book that sings the same LONG song over and over?  Actually, it entertains him for quite a while.  Once again, if my child were occupied playing with a book for a while, even a loud one, I wouldn't be complaining... unless the music kept playing even when  Brennan stopped playing with it.  Well, that's exactly what is happening.  This book is kind of malfunctioning so it randomly starts playing music whenever it feels like it.  My theme song for today has been an endless chorus of 'Here Comes Peter Cottontail'.  The only way to stop the music is to pile a big stack of books and toys on top of it to weigh it down!  But anyone familiar with one year old boys (or girls, I'm sure) knows that piles are made to be toppled!  I don't have the heart to take the book away and put it out of reach.  So, until Easter comes I'll just be singing along with the popular Easter favorite, 'Here Comes Peter Cottontail'!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the congrats on our anniversary- as you probably know from your last anniversary, it seems like this one was the most special so far because we have a new little one to share our love with.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!