Monday, April 18, 2011

Munchkin Mighty Grip Straw Cup Review- 2 Thumbs Up!

Hi Everyone,

Now that my little man is definitely in his sippy cup stage, it seems like a good idea to do a product review on our favorite sippy cup, which is actually a straw cup- the Munchkin Mighty Grip 10oz Straw Cup.

We recently started using the Munchkin straw cup with our little guy.  It is basically just a regular sippy cup, except that it has a silicone straw which eliminates the need for tipping the cup up.  This makes it easier for beginner sippers just learning.  These cups are designed for babies 12+ months and are BPA free.

We really like this cup.  It works great.  Our boy caught on to drinking from the straw almost immediately upon trying it.  This cup is top rack dishwasher safe and consists of four pieces which are easy to clean with a bottle brush.  It is slightly tricky to pop the silicone straw piece into the plastic screw-on ring, but not a big problem whatsoever.  The silicone straw piece can easily be boiled to sanitize it.  The cup holds 10oz of liquid, which makes it ideal for older toddlers, too.  It doesn't have handles, but the shape of the cup is contoured for baby's hands to easily hold onto.

The thing that is most important to me in a cup is that it doesn't leak.  The Munchkin company claims that this cup won't leak, even when dropped.  I found that for the most part, this is true.  However, I have a baby that likes to drop/throw his cup a lot.  I've noticed that when it hits the hardwood floor, the force causes a tiny bit of liquid to spray out of the straw.  Other than that, these cups are virtually leak proof because of the valve in the silicone straw.  Even with the valve, the liquid can easily be sucked out by the baby.

Munchkin Might Grip Straw Cups can be purchased at Wal-Mart, Target, or through Amazon.  I encourage you to give them a try.  I'm sure you'll love them as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. You should check out this product! silicone straws regular size

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!