Monday, July 25, 2011

In Honor of my 100th post!

Hi everybody!  I can't believe that I just published my 100th post today!  I thought it would be fun to do something new in honor of my 100th post.  I noticed this fun photo project that my cousin, Christi, is doing on Facebook and I thought it would be really neat to give it a try.  It is called 30 days and it is a great way for people to get to know a little bit more about you.  I challenge you all to give it a try, as well.  If you do this on your blog, please leave me a link so I can come check it out! Today is day one and over the next 29 days I'll be covering the rest of the 'days'.  So, without any further ado, here we go!

Day 1- Post a picture of yourself with 10 facts.


Ok, anyone who reads my blog definitely already knows what I look like... I post hundreds of pictures!  But to satisfy the requirement of day one, here is one of my favorite pictures of myself.  It was taken in November 2009 on an unseasonably and pleasantly warm day when I was about 6 months pregnant with Brennan.

And as far as my 10 facts... I've listed some facts about myself a couple different times, but I can't remember offhand exactly which ones I told you, so I'm going to just start fresh with the first ten that come to mind.

  1. I love to take pictures... surprise, surprise!
  2. In our household, Ryan is the primary cook and I'm the baker.  And I make a killer cheesecake if I do say so myself.  The recipe is listed here: http://fivefeetoffun.blogspot.com/2011/05/chantals-new-york-cheesecake-recipe.html
  3. I love animals and have had a lot of different pets throughout the years including dogs, cats, fish, a rabbit, a lizard, a baby turtle (we found it on a road and "fostered" it until we released it safely), and a gerbil.  Currently we have one dog, two guppies, and a snail.
  4. My toenails are painted red for 90% of the year.
  5. I cannot make my front teeth touch regardless of how I move my jaws... you should see me eat a sandwich with lettuce!
  6. I can't ride in the car without singing with the radio.
  7. I absentmindedly throw bits and pieces of Spanish into my everyday conversations.
  8. Christmas is my favorite holiday and I just love to decorate with lots of Christmas lights.
  9. When I was little, I had two imaginary lion friends that were named Mario and Luigi.
  10. My name, Colleen, is of Irish origin and means "girl".   I suppose I fit that description.
:)  That was fun!  Come back tomorrow for day 2!

1 comment:

  1. wow, happy 100th post!!!!! i don;t think i am there yet... barely have time to do much these days! great to find out so much MORE about you! ;) you look great in that picture -- the glow of pregnancy! :)
    -a pet snail??? hmmmm....do tell!
    -how does one throw bits and pieces of spanish into their everyday conversation - you related to dora the explorer?!
    -i, too, love christmas lights! so beautiful! looking forward to 29 more days! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!