Monday, July 11, 2011

Before and After Pictures of our Bathroom Remodel!

Last week we FINALLY finished our bathroom remodel!  We're so happy to have it done!  It feels great to have it completed and know that we did the work ourselves with only a bit of help from my Dad, the teacher.  Here are a bunch of before, during, and after pictures!

These two pictures are from before the remodel.  The first was actually from a while ago.  It show the ugly shower doors that used to adorn the tub.  We removed them and put up a curtain for a short time just before we started the remodel.  You can also see the tall stack of cupboards.  (In this picture I'm actually doing my makeup after having my water break!  I wanted to try to make myself look beautiful for new baby pictures!)  In the second picture, you can see the horrible duct tape.  I attempted to temporarily stop the surround from leaking into our basement!  At least it is unfinished...



Here are some pictures we took while we were doing the work.  In the first Ryan is finishing taking off the surround.  I did the other two walls.  The second picture is of the walls down to the lathe.  The next three just show us working and how covered in dust we got!  Yuck!  In the 6th picture, the cupboards have been ripped out and a new stub wall is up.  The 8th picture shows the plumbing nearly finished.  I even sweat my first copper joints!!!  Look out... I know how to use a blow torch now.


 

 



And finally, here are the after pictures!!!  The door to the bathroom is shown in the first picture... I just panned to the right from there.  Notice the lack of cupboards in the second picture.  I really hate to have the gone, but that's what happens when a standard tub is too big for the existing hole!  This post I wrote talks about that problem- Ahh the Joys of Living in an Old House.  The last picture is just to give you a better idea of what the shower curtain looks like. 



 

I'm so happy with the results!  I love having my bathroom back!  Yay!!!

5 comments:

  1. I Seriously admire you for taking on such a task, I wouldn't dare be as brave. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you guys did it yourself! That is AWESOME! I nearly died when we renovated last year from the sheer stress of it all and I wasn't even doing the renovations myself. It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everybody! It was definitely the biggest undertaking we've taken on in our house so far, but it gave me a lot of confidence seeing how well it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!