Thursday, July 28, 2011

30 Days- Day 4

Day 4- Post a picture of a habit you wish you didn't have.


These pictures aren't of myself, but it describes the habit I have that I HATE!  It's called Trichotillomania and it basically means that you have a strong urge to pull out your own hair.  People with this disorder all have different ways or rituals of pulling their hair and they may pull it from different areas of their body.  It is embarassing, at least for me.

I started pulling out my eyelashes when I was about 12 years old.  I don't know why I started, but it felt comforting so I kept doing it.  I would develop 'holes' in my lashes like in the pictures.  Eventually, I moved from pulling my lashes to pulling my brows.  My eyebrows resemble those in the picture.  Now, 13 years after this habit started, I'm still struggling to stop pulling out my hair!  It sounds crazy to the normal person... only someone else with the disorder would understand.  Boy, do I wish I could just knock it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!