Sunday, July 17, 2011

Boy, it's hot!

Today, in our part of Minnesota, it is a scorcher!  I heard that with the humidity, it feels like 110 degrees!  Ick!  Since Ryan had to work this weekend, I called my Mom to see if she wanted to take Brennan to the beach with me.  She happily obliged and we headed down earlier this afternoon.  Brennan was a little apprehensive about getting into the water any deeper than his calves, at least at first.  So for a while he stood at the water's edge and threw in sand, and rocks, and sticks.  He even attempted to throw in some logs, but gave up pretty quickly when he realized he couldn't lift them!  He's not used to that- he's really strong.  In fact, earlier this morning he was carrying around my cordless vacuum, which isn't light.  Maybe we should have named him Angus like we always joked about!

After a while I carried him a little further into the water and tried to get him in deeper.  He was just OK with it.... still a little nervous.  Finally Mom and I put him into his Baby Floatie and just made/encouraged him to give it a try.  After a minute or two of freaking out, he decided was ACTUALLY fun, not scary!  He floated for a while watching other kids play Frisbee and splash in the water nearby.

It made for a great afternoon and a wonderful way to get Brennan outside and expending some energy without both of us passing out from heat stroke!

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures from today right now.  My mom took a few on her phone that I'll have to get from her.  Of course, I had charged up my camera battery and loaded it into the bag along with my video camera, but then left it all sitting at home!  Bummer!

We also had some water fun at our friend Helene's pool last weekend.  Since I love to share pictures in my blog posts, I'll include these water pics!

Brennan was pretty unsure of the water!  It was a little chilly and he hasn't been swimming since last year (when he LOVED it).  I thought his floatie wetsuit would help make him feel more comfortable, but it didn't seem to help too much.


He seemed to be much happier sitting, or in this case standing, on the sidelines, drink in hand.



Even if Brennan wasn't in the mood for a lot of splashing around, Mommy and Daddy sure were!

 

After we got a basketball out, Brennan was anxious to get back in the water.  Brennan just loves any kind of ball.  He picked up on how to slam dunk almost immediately.

 
We all had a great time.  Don't Daddy and Brennan look happy?  Gotta love my boys...



 You don't think Brennan was in the water long enough, do you?  His feet felt like cold rubber!


And here's what Brennan looks like after an afternoon of swimming INSTEAD of napping!  He fell asleep with 2 minutes of getting in the car, was carried in the house, had his diaper and clothes changed to pajamas, fed a bottle and put to sleep all without waking up!  I sure would love to sleep like that!

3 comments:

  1. Love water play, it always exhausts them just enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww. I L-O-V-E that last pic.

    Looks like a fun day!
    xo
    babymama

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was so worn out!!! Thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!