Saturday, August 13, 2011

Our Little Family is Growing- Take 2!

Hi, everybody!

It's for real this time!  Last time I posted a blog with this title I had everyone thinking I was pregnant!  Well..... now I am! :)

It became official when we found out on July 20th.  I was 3 weeks and 4 days along.  As of today, I am 7 weeks, so it is still early, but we're very excited.  We are due on March 31st.  In this picture, I am wearing one of my maternity shirts from my pregnancy with Brennan.  My mother-in-law made it.  It says, "Due in March".  I didn't think I'd get lucky enough to get to wear it again!

I've already been battling morning sickness for a couple of weeks,  with a couple days being terrible, so I can't wait to have that 'joy' of pregnancy over.  With Brennan, I had morning sickness for the ENTIRE pregnancy.  The doctor ended up starting me on a combination of Vitamin B6 and Unisom to combat my severe sickness.  It helped immensely.  I've been taking it this time around, too, but it didn't seem to be doing the trick.  Now my midwife has started me on Zyrtec and B6 instead, and the last two days have been better.  The mornings have still been a little rough, but the afternoons have been wonderful!  I hope the mornings keep improving.

I have my first prenatal appointment on August 16th and I can't wait.  For this pregnancy I'm going to see a midwife at a nearby hospital that does VBACs.  She also does waterbirths!  I'm hoping to have a much smoother labor and delivery, and if all goes well, maybe I'll be able to have a natural waterbirth!  Wow!

We're hoping for a girl this time, although I'll be happy with either a boy or girl!  I'd also love to say that Brennan is very excited about becoming a big brother, but honestly, he is clueless and I expect him to remain that way until I'm holding a new baby that just doesn't go 'home'!  I'm sure he'll be a good big bro after the adjustment period.

I'll keep you all posted!  As always, I appreciate any thoughts and prayers for a healthy, and hopefully very enjoyable pregnancy!

 BabyFruit Ticker

3 comments:

  1. WOW! Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the best in round 2....woohoo! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so exciting! Congratulations :) Best wishes to you and you're family can't wait to follow along & read more

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!