Thursday, August 18, 2011

30 Days- Day 16

Day 16- Post a picture of someone who inspires you


This is Faith.
Faith is an almost 9 year old lab/chow mix and as you can see, she has only 2 legs.  Faith was born this way, a stay, and because of it, was even rejected by her own mother.  After being rescued, Faith needed to be carried at first, but with lots of time, practice, and peanut butter, Faith incredibly learned to walk on her hind legs!  Now Faith has become an inspiration to millions of people.  She and her owner, Jude, travel around the country giving people hope and 'faith'. They have been to countless Veteran's hospitals to cheer injured soldiers and to military bases to inspire soldiers about deploy or just coming home. 

Faith is a stunning example of how we should all try to make the best out of a crappy situation.  It is a lesson that we should reteach ourselves everyday.  Even against huge adversity, Faith thrives.  She is really an incredible animal who deserves a ton of respect and admiration.  That being said, lets not forget who made this remarkable recovery possible in the first place- Reuben and Jude Stringfellow, who saved her from what would most likely been a short life and miserable death and taught her to walk, giving her a purpose in life.  This story really gets to me and I think we can take something really important from it. 

To read the entire story about Faith, which includes a few more pictures, check out this article: Faith Walks.


2 comments:

  1. Hey! I found you off Voiceboks and I'm so glad I did! Great post!
    I just wanted you to now that I nominated you for the Versatile Blog award. You can check it out here: http://confessionsfromboystown.blogspot.com/2011/08/tgib-thank-god-im-back-lol.html
    I'm following you now, btw. I hope you'll stop by my blog sometime, too!
    Oh, and before I go, I'd love to highlight you and your blog sometime for one of my "Saturday Shout Outs". Let me know if you'd be interested!
    ~SortaSuperMom
    http://confessionsfromboystown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the award! I'm heading over to your blog right now to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!