Tuesday, November 26, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 26

I am thankful for seasonal changes.  I'll admit, I really don't like the cold.  But I really do love all the seasons.  I like the variety.  I love watching the changes take place. 

Spring might be my favorite.  Watching the grass come back to life, flower miraculously pop out of the ground, and flowers and leaves emerge on the trees. 

Summer is great for more flowers- a huge assortment, and another one of my favorite things: thunderstorms!  A good thunderstorm is almost therapeutic for me, and luckily, my kids and husband all love them, too! 

Everybody knows the beauty of Fall.  The leaves turn shades of deep, warm colors and fall down in multitudes on breezy days.  The fruits of the season all ripen and it is fun to see the excitement on my kids faces seeing the big pumpkins the Gigi grew or picking apples with her.

Winter- As much as I don't like the cold, I do love snow.  Watching it snow, especially for one of the first times of the season, is actually magical.  I love the way the snow sparkles when the sun shines on it.  Icicles are gorgeous.  I once had a roof line, decorated with Christmas lights that icicles formed on.  The whole piece of ice glowed all sorts of bright, beautiful colors.  I actually love a good snowstorm, too, assuming we don't need to drive anywhere.  Watching the snow pile up in mounds is awfully exciting for me and for the kids.  Who doesn't love sledding?  Lastly, winter houses my favorite holiday- Christmas.  It is a magical time of the year.  I love the decorations, the smell of our fresh cut tree, and the overall feeling of the season.  I do my best not to let it get too stressful, because it wasn't meant to be that way.  I look forward to spending Christmas with our families making memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!