Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Toddler Talk Tuesday! Our "Baby" talk & Getting Bones

Our "Baby" Talk-

The other day, Brennan woke up from his nap a little too early and was crying and whining in his room.  I went in to calm him down and try to get him to go back to sleep.  I crawled into his little toddler bed and snuggled him close.  Our conversation went something like this-

Me: Oh, Brennan.  I love you so much.  You're such a nice guy.
Brennan: And you have a baby in your tummy.
Me: What??
Brennan: You have a baby in your tummy!
Me:  If you say so.  But I sure hope not!  You must really like Bryleigh if you want me to have another baby in my tummy.  Do you want another baby?
Brennan: Yes.

Later on, when Ryan got home, I told Brennan to tell him what he thinks is in my tummy.  Brennan excitedly told Ryan the story.

Ryan: What's in Mama's tummy?
Brennan: There's a baby in Mama's tummy!.... Actually, there's two babies!
Ryan: This just gets better and better!

FYI- THERE IS NO BABY IN MY TUMMY!  I AM ABOUT 99% SURE!

Getting Bones

Lately, we've been working hard on getting Brennan to drink milk from a cup.  He is still hooked on the bottle, but we have successfully taken it away at nap time and replaced it with a cup (which he reluctantly drinks from with lots of prodding) so that he only has morning and night bottles now.  Yesterday, before his nap, we talked about milk.

Me: Brennan, take another sip of your milk.  Remember, milk is good for your body and you need it!
Brennan: Yeah!  It makes me big and strong (shows his muscles) and then I'll get bones!

Cool.  I would have guess he already had a few of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!