Thursday, December 13, 2012

Delicious Cookie Dough Truffles Recipe!

We are doing our annual cookie bake  at my Grandma's farm again this year and I thought it might be fun to try something new and mix it up a little.  So I went on a search for something delicious and hit the jackpot!  I found these Cooke Dough Truffles and saw that the reviews were pretty impressive.  I decided to give them a test run before the cookie bake JUST to make sure! :)

Mine are ever-so-slightly different than the original recipe, which can be found here if you are interested.  Here is my modified recipe:

Cookie Dough Truffles-

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1-1/2 pounds chocolate candy coating/almond bark

Directions

  • In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips. 
  • Chill dough for at least an hour or until it becomes easy to work with.
  • Shape into 1/2 to 3/4 inch balls. Place on plate.  Make sure they are still nice and firm before the next step.  If they are softening, chill a while longer.
  • In a microwave, melt candy coating or almond bark; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Allow to harden. If desired, remelt remaining candy coating and drizzle over candies. Store in the refrigerator. 
Enjoy!  Let me know if you try these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!