Mine are ever-so-slightly different than the original recipe, which can be found here if you are interested. Here is my modified recipe:
Cookie Dough Truffles-
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 pounds chocolate candy coating/almond bark
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually add flour, alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for at least an hour or until it becomes easy to work with.
- Shape into 1/2 to 3/4 inch balls. Place on plate. Make sure they are still nice and firm before the next step. If they are softening, chill a while longer.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating or almond bark; stir until smooth. Dip balls in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Allow to harden. If desired, remelt remaining candy coating and drizzle over candies. Store in the refrigerator.