Thursday, January 19, 2012

Trendy Maternity Shirts! Review of Jellybean Apparel on Etsy!

Recently, I was given the chance to do a shop and product review for a very cool Etsy shop- Jellybean Apparel.
 

Here's what Emily, the owner of Jelly Bean Apparel, says about her shop:
"We specialize in maternity themed t shirts & tops for pregnant moms and dads-to-be, big brothers, big sisters & grandparents. Long sleeve, short sleeve and tank top styles are available. We've got something for every belly!"
 Jellybean Apparel's Etsy shop has been very successful, with nearly 3400 sales in just over 4 years.  This doesn't even include any sales that were completed using the Jellybean Apparel website- www.jellybeanapparel.com!  Be sure to check it out!  Emily's success shouldn't come as a surprise, either, when you take a moment to browse through her products.  They are all very unique and range from classy to cute, to downright funny.

"Classy""Cute""Downright Funny"
I love that Jellybean apparel also carries clothing for people that are excited about the upcoming new baby, besides just the mother!  There are some awesome options for Dad, Brothers, Sisters, Grandmas, Grandpas, and even anxious members of the 'birth team'!  With these shirts, everyone can show their excitement about the soon-to-be arriving bundle of joy!

Emily gave me the choice of any short-sleeved maternity t-shirt in her shop for review.  Let me tell you- choosing was not an easy task extremely difficult!  There are so many awesome shirt designs in the shop that choosing just one is really a challenge.  I gave my husband my top few choices and got his opinions on them before finally deciding on one- the Scroll Flourish Black Short Sleeve Maternity T-shirt.  I think this shirt looks so classy and nicely emphasizes your baby bump without drawing excessive attention.  The white design stands out so boldly from the black shirt!  I love the contrast.

Here's what the shirt description listed on www.jellybeanapparel.com says,
"This flourish is a beautiful way to decorate any size belly!
The style is long and form-fitting. The fabric is a premium quality blend, with a double-stitched hem and reinforced shoulders. It is soft enough to sleep in, with lots of stretch to last you the whole 9 months! Please order a size larger if you prefer a more loose fit.
Poly/Rayon/Spandex Blend. Machine wash. Made in the USA.
Length 29". Sizes: S (0-4), M (4-8), L (8-10), XL (10-12), 2X (14-16) and 3X (18-20).  A Jellybean Apparel original design! All designs are adhered with a professional heat press. Guaranteed not to crack, fade or peel with multiple washings."

I can definitely attest to the quality of this shirt.  I was shocked at the fabric thickness.  It feels so sturdy and well-made, which is something that is hard to find nowadays.  It seems like most shirts are much to thin and practically transparent!   Besides being nice and thick, the fabric is very soft and has a gentle stretch to it, so it is really comfortable to wear.

Jellybean Apparel's eye-catching tag.
The size chart seems to be fairly accurate, as well.  I got a size medium and it fits me well.  It isn't extremely form fitting on me, but still looks nice and will allow more tummy growing room over the next 7 to 10 weeks.  Most of my maternity shirts are somewhere in the extra small to medium range.  They vary so much from place to place that it is hard to know what size will be best!  I think I would probably get a small if I had it to do over again, but I do typically like to wear my shirts on the tighter side.

I can't wait to wear this shirt for some of my maternity pictures!  For now, here are a couple pictures of me modeling my new shirt.  And for those of you following my pregnancy, this will be a 30 week picture!


 I hope you'll all take a moment to check out Jellybean Apparel.  There's sure to be something perfect for the expectant mother, excited father, or big sibling-to-be in your life!  Thank you for the opportunity to review your fabulous product, Emily!

Be sure to keep up with Emily and Jellybean Apparel on her Etsy shop- http://www.etsy.com/shop/JellybeanApparel, her website- www.jellybeanapparel.com, and her Twitter page- @emilymryan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!