Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pregnancy Update- Almost 11 weeks!

A lot has changed since the post I wrote about 3 weeks ago announcing my pregnancy.  Some of these changes were good, others were definitely not!  So, here's what's been going on.

At my midwife appointment, I was told that I had been misinformed about the hospital's VBAC policy!  What?!?!  So, if I was going to deliver there, or in our hometown, I would be having an automatic C-Section, and that just doesn't make sense to me.  So there went my hopes of a VBAC close to home with my own doctor and any chance of a waterbirth.  I was also told that as long as I was 'sort-of' ok regarding my morning sickness, I would just have to tough it out until it goes away.  I was sure hoping that it didn't follow the pattern that I had with Brennan, when it lasted the ENTIRE pregnancy!

Needless to say, I left that appointment extremely shocked, upset, mad, and heartbroken!  I just felt like my plans, even from the very beginning, were all ruined.  It took me a few days to get past the majority of this disappointment from this first appointment, which should be exciting and wonderful instead.

My morning sickness was not improving much, and some days were even worse.  Along with the sickness, I started feeling majorly depressed- a feeling I am not familiar with and definitely don't handle well!  Finally, at my low point, I went to visit one of the new doctors we have in town to talk about everything I was dealing with.  This helped so much.  She agreed with me that the majority of the reason I was feeling so 'down' was because I was feeling so physically sick.  She started me on Zofran, which has been working pretty well, and my attitude definitely began to improve.  Now, I think I'm back to my normal self, which is such a relief.

After meeting this new doctor, I decided that I was going to have her be my provider for most of my prenatal care, and then facilitate the plans for a VBAC at Mayo Clinic in Rochester (if only they did waterbirths, too!).  She agrees that this is definitely the best way to go and was very encouraging about my hopes and plans. 

Yesterday, we had our 2nd '1st' prenatal appointment, just this time it was with our new doctor.  Everything seems to be right on track.  I'm not sure what she put down as our official due date, but I believe it is either March 29th or 30th.  We had an ultrasound with our favorite ultrasound tech and got to see our little stinker wiggling around like crazy.  Ryan just loved it, and of course, I did, too.  However, Brennan wasn't really thrilled about sitting still.  The baby measured right on for our due date and had a great healthy heart rate of 164 beats per minute.


I've been feeling better on and off, but I think it seems to be improving a little each day.  I haven't been struggling too much with any other symptoms, so that's nice.  My belly is just starting to pop out and I'm sure it will be noticeable within the next few weeks... if not before!

Let's hope for smooth sailing from here on out!  I'll keep you updated!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am sorry to hear about your disappointments but I hope this new doctor will help settle some concerns. Being pregnant and sick must be difficult for you... I hope you continue to be positive, you seem the type to look on the brighter side of things! :) Looking forward to future updates. baby looks adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Things are getting a little better everyday and I'm really looking forward to this new baby. I know things have a way of working themselves out! After having a really rough and crazy delivery with Brennan, anything should hopefully be better! I'll just be happy if I can be awake for this baby's birth!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!