Sunday, January 27, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy! Moving and projects!

Wow.  It's been awhile!  I haven't intentionally been on a blogging hiatus, but our busy circumstances have contributed to it a lot!

So here's the deal.  I've been working on organizing and packing in preparation for our big move in the middle/end of February.  It was also moved up by 3 days, so I have just a little less time to get it all done.  Besides that, I'm beginning to plan Brennan's birthday party.  We are doing a monster theme (especially Mike Wazowski) and I'm going to be crocheting him a Mike Wazowski hat. I also think I'm going to make him a pair of these slippers as a gift.  They not only go with the theme, but he needs a pair of slippers and these are fun!!!



I have been working on a couple of product review for the blog, so watch for them to come up soon!  They both come with giveaways, that you are all going to love!

I've also had some projects keeping me busy.  Before packing up my sewing machine, I wanted to get all of my sewing projects finished.  That meant extending the legs on Bryleigh's fleece bunting (of course, she had a growth spurt right after her Grandma finished sewing it and I needed to make room for her toesies), and finishing up a tedious toy stroller cover replacement.  I didn't have a pattern, so I had to disassemble the old one to use as a pattern before putting it all back together.  That included the seat and the basket underneath... Honestly, I spent way too much time on a toy stroller, but hey- it was free at a garage sale and made a good diy project.

And though the next project wasn't necessary immediately, I always need to be in the middle of crocheting something so I have something to keep me busy on car rides and when the kids are playing nicely but still need close supervision.  I decided to make my Bryleigh a dress.  It turned out adorable and I just love it!


We're going to be awfully busy through the end of February (actually, the end of March is probably more realistic), but I hope to blog more often anyway!  Wish me luck and good time management!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!