Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas gifts for the baby who needs nothing...

With Thanksgiving in the past and Christmas quickly approaching, I've been doing a lot of thinking about Christmas gifts for our friends and family.  I'm not stressed out about it yet, because we have a lot of time still and quite a few good gift ideas for most of the people on our list.  However, there are always a few people that leave me stumped when it comes time to find them the perfect gift.

One of these people, believe it or not, is my own little guy, Brennan.  Now, you would think that buying gifts for a baby would be one of the easiest things to do, but for us, it isn't!  Brennan already has everything that he really needs- plenty of clothes since Mama loves to garage sale, lots of books (thanks to friends, family, and the Dolly Parton Imagination Library), and a bunch of toys from a variety of sources.  So what do you get the little boy who has it all?

Well, last year for his very 1st Christmas, we started a tradition.  Every year we will purchase a Christmas village piece for our kids.  That way, they've got some sort of collectible/sentimental item to decorate with when they are all grown up and move out on their own.  I'm sure I'll be sad to see all of the pieces (and them!) go, but then they'll have something sweet to remember their childhood Christmases by.

Also, for Brennan's first Christmas, we gave him a personalized piggy bank (among a few things) and I cross stitched a Christmas stocking for him.  I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that it took me hundreds of hours to complete!  I also purchased stocking kits for Ryan and myself so that we can all have similarly themed cross stitched Santa stockings to hang.  I finished my stocking about a week ago and am thrilled with how it turned out.  Ryan's will have to be postponed another year since the new baby's Christmas stocking will take precedence.  Ryan already has one, after all, and our little girl does not!

This year, I don't feel like we need to be as sentimental, so it makes it a little more difficult.  I have a few good ideas so far and I'm hoping to come up with more.  So far I've gotten Brennan one little thing- a Cozy Hugs animal while Black Friday shopping.  Brennan has been so into giraffes lately, so when I saw that there was a Cozy Hugs giraffe that can be lightly warmed in the microwave to cuddle with, I thought it was perfect for him!  I can't wait until he sees it!

Other than that, his gifts are limited to ideas in my head.  I'm thinking that an easel or some toddler art products would be good, as well as something Mickey Mouse Clubhouse related.  He's quite the little fan of Toodles.  We are planning on getting him a baby doll that comes with a few baby items like a bottle or diaper so that he can practice being a great big brother.  We have a couple of baby dolls in our toy box, but we think having some accessories would be fun for him.

So, what do you think are good gifts for toddlers?  I'm definitely open to suggestions and would love to hear your ideas!  Merry Christmas shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!