Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Our Big Baby Decision

As I'm sure most of you know by now, we're currently almost 18 weeks pregnant with baby #2, who is set to make his or her big arrival on March 29th (or March 15thish if I have it my way).

With our first child, we chose not to find out the gender and to be surprised in the delivery room.  He was a surprise, all right, but things hadn't gone as planned and due to a C-Section under general anesthesia, I found out that by little baby was a 'he' upon waking up in pain about two hours after his birth.  It definitely wasn't the birth or way of FINALLY finding out what gender our baby was that I had imagined, where the doctor calls out with excitement, "It's a _____!"

This time, due to the traumatic experience with the first delivery, we went into our pregnancy planning to find out what we were having.  But during the last couple of months I had serious second thoughts.  Did I really want to know?  I can think of a lot of benefits of both finding out during an ultrasound and waiting until the birth, so it was a really hard decision.  We finally settled on it- we are going to find out this time like we originally planned, but to make it more exciting for us and our family and friends, we are going to be having a gender reveal party!

Our ultrasound is on Wednesday, November 2nd and we are having our party the following Saturday, the 5th (assuming the baby cooperates).  I've put a lot of planning and preparation into it so far, and have some more to do.  It should be lots of fun!  I hope everyone finds it exciting and memorable.

I'll do another blog post about our party afterwards, but for now, I wanted to share the invitation that I made with you all.  What do you think?


Hope you all have a great week and fun Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are in for a fun party ahead! can't wait for the reveal! good luck with the plans. love the card above. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea!! I found out with both of my girls, and I loved every minute of knowing!
    You must be excited! Can't wait to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It was a lot of fun to plan and it was a really exciting way to tell all of our family and friends. I've definitely enjoyed knowing that it is a girl, but there really is something to be said for being surprised, too!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!