Friday, January 17, 2014

Our Prius and Fire Department Adventure

Well, lots has been going on over the last few days!  I've been busy, as always, but definitely need to take a few minutes to share some of our current events with you all!

First, we decided to really crack down and start looking for a new car for Ryan.  We had already decided on a Prius, so it was really just a matter of finding the right one.  We scoured all sorts of places Online for about a week before I stumbled onto the perfect one early last Saturday morning on eBay.  Within just a few hours we had purchased it and started figuring out all the details of how to get it home to Minnesota... it was in New York.   We decided that Ryan would fly out on Thursday and drive it back home.  He is in the home stretch today and should be home by mid afternoon.  We'll all be happy to see him and check out the new car!

To make matters more interesting, last night was my first night at home alone with just the kids in our "new" (we've been here for almost a year now) place.  Everything went good until about 4am... Brennan's fire alarm started blaring so I ran down to check it out.  I couldn't get it to stop until I disconnected it.  I did a quick check downstairs and didn't see anything, so I figured it was just malfunctioning.  But as I was walking back upstairs, I started to smell a smoky, possibly electrical smell.  I looked around again and still couldn't spot anything.  I debated what to do, called Ryan in Ohio, and reluctantly decided that I needed to call the fire department.

They came and could smell it, too (so glad I wasn't nuts).  They looked EVERYWHERE, multiple times with their thermal cameras and couldn't find anything out of the ordinary.  They were really thorough and nice, agreeing that it was much better to be safe than sorry, especially being home alone with the 2 kids.  We are pretty sure that there is something going on in the furnace- maybe a fan motor or something wearing out and putting off a little smoke intermittently.  Kind of weird being that it is only a couple years old.  Hmm... Someone is supposed to be by to check it out today.

Brennan had pre-school this morning.  When I dropped him off his teach excitedly told me, "Guess what?  A fire truck is coming to visit today!"  Ironic.  I just laughed and told them that we were unfortunately pretty familiar with the fire department as of last night.  Too bad Brennan slept through it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!