Friday, July 20, 2012

10 Reasons I'm Thankful...

So tonight I am watching all of the stories and footage about the horrible tragedy in Colorado.  The first victim who's name was released is Jessica Ghawi.  Listening to her mother talk about her and the last contact she had with Jessica was absolutely amazing and heartbreaking all at the same.  Her story brought tears to my eyes and reinforced the fact, once again, that every day is precious and we should cherish each moment.  I am lucky and blessed, and I truly am thankful for it!  Here are 10 simple reasons why...
  1. I have clothes to wear, food to eat, a place to live, and a car to get me where I need to go.
  2. I have family and friends who love me and take care of me and whom I enjoy being with.
  3. I have been blessed with talents that I am proud of.
  4. I live in a country where we are lucky enough to be free and brave soldiers to keep us that way!
  5. I have a lighthearted sense of humor... at least I think so.
  6. I have opportunities for fun and take advantage of them.
  7. My children are healthy, smart, and beautiful, both inside and out.
  8. I am able to stay home with my two awesome kids to raise them and watch them grow.
  9. The world is such a beautiful creation with so many amazing features for us to explore and appreciate.
  10. God loves me!  No matter what happens on this Earth, I've got a home waiting for me in Heaven!
There are so many more reasons I am thankful!  Maybe you could just take a moment to remember how blessed you are and be thankful, too!  Tell your family that you love them, thank someone who made a difference in your life, think about just how special you are, and say a quick prayer to the One who made it all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!