Friday, March 8, 2013

My Experience with Kids Sleeping Through the Night

I've heard many, many times that kids will sleep through the night when they are ready.  I've been told that sometimes it happens gradually and that sometimes it happens all at once, but I've always had a hard time believing that it can really happen so suddenly. 

I believe it now.

Bryleigh has suddenly become a wonderful sleeper.  The day we moved into or new house, almost 2 weeks ago, she spent the entire night in our bed, which was normal and routine for her.  The 2nd night in our house, she stayed in her own crib all night long!  She has NEVER done this before in her 10.5 months of life.  I heard her make a few whines a couple of different times, but that was it.  This has become her new normal and I can't describe how happy it makes me!!!

Most nights, I nurse her to sleep and then lay her in her bed.  Almost every night that is the last I hear her until morning.  She was a baby who used to almost never sleep in her crib and I just can't explain the sudden transformation!

Brennan didn't sleep well through the night until he was over 2, either.  With him, good sleep has happened very gradually.  I'd say that he has become a good sleeper over the course of the last year.  With him, the key seemed to be getting a great bedtime routine that slowly worked him from being cuddled to sleep to being able to fall asleep in his bed on his own. 

My experiences have been so different with each child, but one thing is the same.  I do not miss getting up in the middle of the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!