Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Birthday Fun!

Today is my 26th birthday and I've had a really awesome day.  It was low-key, but nice.  The weather here was AMAZING today and I really loved getting out in the sunshine.  I can't say that 76 degrees in March is very normal for Minnesota.  I brought up to my family today that 10 years ago, my surprise birthday party was cancelled on account of an ice storm and today I was wearing short sleeves and capri pants!

My day started with a baby check appointment (surprise, surprise...).  I'm 38 weeks today and once again, she and I are doing wonderfully.  She had a great heart rate of 150 beats per minute, has finally turned completely towards my back, and she's measuring in at just the right size.  I have low/good blood pressure, no swelling, very stable weight, and have no protein or glucose in my urine.  Everything really is going perfectly so far.  Hopefully labor follows suit this time!  As of last week, my doctor thought that I might have a baby by Saturday the 17th or Sunday the 18th.  Now, unfortunately, she thinks it may be another week.  It's not too big of a deal, but we're anxious to meet our little lady and I'm really beginning to get uncomfortable.  Time for a baby eviction!  My plan- start trying to use acupressure points to encourage labor, starting on Friday.  I STILL want a St. Patty's day baby!  We'll see.  Hopefully it speeds our little one along.

After my appointment, I came home and did a few odds and ends before heading out to my Mom and Dad's house.  My Mom had already taken Brennan to their place, after watching him during my appointment and taking him and the dog for a walk.  We left for lunch at a nearby out-in-the-country bar and grill where we had some delicious chicken strips and french fries while savoring a Sprecher's root beer.  Yum!  My Mom, Dad, Brennan, Niece- Autumn, Nephew- Wiley, Grandma, and Grandpa were all there and it was a nice time.

We headed back to Mom and Dad's shortly after lunch.  Dad helped me install (or should I say that I basically watched while he worked) the back up camera that Ryan had given me for Christmas onto my vehicle.  That will sure be nice to have working!  After we finished, Brennan got to go on his very first motorcycle ride with Grandpa and Wiley!  He looked pretty adorable on Grandpa's yellow Harley. 

Mom baked cupcakes for my birthday and she, Autumn, and Wiley decorated them.  They were pretty festive and very tasty!  Brennan was quite unhappy about leaving Grandma and Grandpa's, as always, but we had to get back home in order to get to our our chiropractic appointments in time.

I asked our chiropractor about pressure points for inducing labor and now have some good information about it.  I'm thinking I'll try it on Friday... maybe I'll get lucky and it'll work to produce a St. Patrick's baby for me... and no- her name won't be Patty!

We headed home afterwards and shortly later, a little bouquet of flowers that Ryan ordered for me showed up.  What a sweet guy.  We took the evening easy, just having a frozen pizza and watching Survivor.

That's what I call a good day.  

1 comment:

  1. I did the acupressure points on the inside of my ankles, and was in labor the next morning. Hopefully it works as well for you. Only downside to it is you have to hold them for a fairly long time for them to be effective.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!