Saturday, April 29, 2017

Our New Pet Journey!

For a long time now, I've been fighting the city in an attempt to get them to change their ordinance to allow for backyard chickens.  I was hopeful that they would see the light and give it a chance.  But... no such luck.  They didn't.  We had 3 councilmen vote in our favor and needed only one more.  This was our second attempt, so for now, I'm done fighting.  Maybe someday when we get a new council I will try it again.

As disappointing as this all is, I've come up with a solution that will work for me and my family.  We will be raising Jumbo Brown Coturnix Quail!  I did MANY hours of research to prepare for this new adventure and feel prepared and ready to go.  Quail are not mentioned as farm animals in our city's ordinance are are not specifially mentioned anywhere.


Last Saturday, Ryan drove me to Osseo, WI to pick up 40 quail hatching eggs.  The seller actually included an extra 6 eggs, so we came home with 46 new would-be quail!  I got them all rested, sanitized, and placed into the incubator.  Now it's been a week and everything still looks good.  I've been DYING waiting.  It seems like it's been so much longer than a week and I absolutely can't wait to see them hatch on or around May 10th.  How many do you think will hatch?  I really don't know what to expect- always a mystery.

Expect to see some cool hatching photos and/or videos as well as some pictures of tiny, fuzzy, adorable babies soon!

7 comments:

  1. Generally, QuickBooks Error Code H505 arises when you switch to multi-user mode and shows that more than one computer are acting as servers. To resolve this issue-
    1. Open all your workstations->File menu->Utilities
    2. If you see the Host Multi-User Access option, don’t select it. But if you see Stop Hosting Multi-User Access is an option, select it.
    3. Then on your server, follow the same steps and hover over utilities.
    4. If the Host Multi-User Access option is available, select it.
    Hope these steps will help you resolve the issue easily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have offered world-class law assignment writing help to you as one of the most trustworthy Law Assignment Writing Services. You can improve your grades and wow your professor by seeking help from our expert and native USA Law Assignment Help writers. But primarily, let's take a look at how our law assignment writing service might help you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will always let you and your words become part of my day because you never know how much you make my day happier and more complete. There are even times when I feel so down but I will feel better right after checking your blogs. You have made me feel so good about myself pay for assignment writing all the time and please know that I do appreciate everything that you have

    ReplyDelete
  4. However frustrating as this all seems to be, I've thought of an answer that will work for myself as well as my family. We will be raising Jumbo Brown Coturnix Quail! I did MANY long periods of exploration to get ready for this new experience and feel ready and all set. Quail are not referenced as livestock in our city's law are not specifially referenced anyplace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning site! Do you have any accommodating clues for trying essayists? I’m wanting to begin my own site soon yet I’m somewhat lost on everything. Would you prompt beginning with a free online dissertation help stage like or go for a paid alternative? There are such a large number of alternatives out there that I’m totally overpowered .. Any thoughts? Welcome it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for such wonderful blog that looks pretty different, I would suggest you please make a proper plan for your blog and start professional blogging as a career, One day you would be smart enough to earn some money, assignment writing help wishing you a best of luck my friend, Thanks a lot for your nice support and love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe this will help your website become more organized because you have decided to set a part on this site for the inquiries regarding tax and as well as the helpful discussions. To be honest, this is one of the few sites that are doing this kind of strategy. Also, I think that this will not only benefit your clients or the uk writing company potential ones but you most especially because you will be able to see the questions easier.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! I hope you'll leave one for me! Have a great day!